ADVT. NO. : BI/IF/41/2013-14
Bose Institute, Kolkata, invites online applications from Indian Citizens for recruitment of Junior Research Fellow and Research Associate under Institutional Programmes : Protein Structure, Function and Engineering (programme No.-II), Molecular Medicine (programme No. – IV), Microbial Genomics and Infection Biology (programme No. –V) and Basic and Applied Problems in Physical and Environmental Sciences (programme No. – VII).
A. Junior Research Fellow (02 post) :
Essential Qualification - A good M.Sc. degree in Microbiology with valid NET / GATE qualification. Practical
Desirable Qualification – Practical experience in Bacterial Taxonomy and Metagenomics.
Essential Qualification - A good M.Sc. degree in Biochemistry / Biophysics / Molecular Biology will be preferred, though some exceptional candidates from Chemistry /Biotechnology may also be considered, with valid NET / GATE qualification.
Field of Research –Protein purification and crystallography.
Fellowship - Rs. 16,000/- p.m., plus admissible HRA and Medical benefit for CSIR-UGC NETJRF / Rs. 12,000/- p.m., plus admissible HRA and Medical benefit for
CSIR-UGC NET-LS / GATE.
Age : Below 28 years (relaxable in case of SC/ST/OBC/WOMEN candidates only as per rule).
B. Research Associate (03 posts) :
Essential Qualification -
- Ph.D. degree in Chemistry / Biochemistry / Molecular Biology / Microbiology /
Microbiology with strong molecular biology as well as biochemistry background.
Understanding and knowledge of biophysical techniques and NMR spectroscopy will be considered as desirable qualification.
- Ph.D. (Experimental Physics) degree in an appropriate field and experimental research experience in Radiation Physics will be considered as desirable qualification.
- Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry / Molecular Biology / Physiology / Microbiology with strong Molecular Biology as well as Immunology background.
Understanding the knowledge in the field of parasitic disease like visceral leishmaniasis with special emphasis in signal transduction and site directed mutagenesis as desirable qualification.
Associateship - Rs. 22,000/- p.m., plus admissible HRA and Medical benefit
Age : Below 35 years (relaxable in case of SC/ST/OBC/WOMEN candidates only as per rule).
Application Procedures and Instructions to Candidates
1. Only online application will be processed (17:00 hrs. IST upto 25.03.2014). Candidate should compulsorily send the hard copy of the online application with applicant’s code (which will be generated only after submitting the application) along with attested copies of certificates and testimonials and a recent colour passport size photograph to Mrs. Noreen Bhattacharjee, Deputy Registrar, Bose Institute, P-1/12, C.I.T. Scheme VII-M, Kankurgachi, Kolkata – 700 054 on or
2. The system will not accept any application after 25.03.2014 (17:00 hrs IST)
3. Copies of certificates / testimonial etc. need not to be attached at the stage of submitting online application that is to be sent with hard copy only.
4. Eligibility criteria including the upper age limit will be reckoned on the last date of submission of application i.e. 25.03.2014.
5. The short-listed candidates’ name will be displayed in the Institute website only. No. separate correspondence will be made in this regard.
6. Before applying, the applicant should ensure that they posses at least the essential qualifications and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. If a candidate is not found eligible, his candidature will be cancelled at any stage of recruitment. It may also be noted that even if a candidate qualifies in the test / interview and subsequently it is found that he /she does not fulfill the eligibility criteria, his / her candidature will be cancelled.
7. The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. In the event of number of applications being at large the Institute will resort to short listing criteria to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit by written test and / or any other criteria.
8. The interested and eligible candidates may keep watch at this site for any amendment.
9. No interim queries will be entertained except technical queries regarding online application. For any such queries contact : Webmaster – firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Canvassing or bringings influence in any form will disqualified the candidature.
11. The Institute Authority reserves the rights to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Note : Interested and eligible candidates may read the application procedures and instructions carefully before applying through online as well as submitting the hard copy of the same.